Interstate Couples

If you live interstate but wish to be married in NSW, the NOIM can be filled in and signed by one of the following in your area

  •  an authorised marriage celebrant; or

    Flower girl before a wedding ceremony

    My gorgeous daughter as my flowergirl

  •  a Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959; or
  •  a Justice of the Peace; or
  •  a Barrister or Solicitor; or
  •  a legally qualified medical practitioner; or
  •  a member of the Australian Federal Police of the police force of a State or Territory.

If you contact a marriage celebrant in your area, they should do this for you at no cost, I am led to believe, but ask them….

Once completed, you will then need to send it to me, preferably by registered post, along with certified copies of your proof of identity (Birth Certificates or Passport and, if either of the party have been married before, a copy of your Divorce Certificate/Annulment/Death Certificate of former spouse). By Australian Law, I need to have received the NOIM at least one calendar month before your wedding day, but no more than eighteen months before your proposed wedding date.

I will also still need to see the original documents when you get here, because, by Australian Law, I cannot marry you without seeing the original documents. So do not forget to bring them with you, or that would be a disaster.